ACM Celebrates Ada Lovelace Day
ACM is celebrating the legacy of pioneering programmer Ada Lovelace, often called the world's first programmer, with a month-long series featuring women who have contributed groundbreaking innovations and dedicated service to the computing profession. To mark Ada's birthday, which this year is being observed on October 9, ACM recognizes the women who have made historic advances in the field and who are mentoring tomorrow's computing pioneers. Visit the Ada Day page to learn more about women whom ACM has honored with our series of prestigious awards.
Students currently in their junior year of college (from any major) are eligible to apply to two distinct summer fellowships hosted by CMU’s Heinz College:
- Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Junior Summer Institute
- IT Lab: Summer Security Intensive (SSI)
Each program is a 7-week in-residence experience and features:
- Specialized courses taught by CMU faculty: Fellows earn CMU academic credit for coursework (eligible for transfer to home institution)
- $1,000 stipend + the costs of housing, meals, books, supplies, social functions, and travel expenses to and from Pittsburgh
- A scholarship of at least 50% of graduate school tuition, if admitted to and enroll in a masters program at Heinz College.
To learn more, see the links below (PDF’s):
Students seeking full-time employment
- Emerging Leaders Program 2019 information: HM Health Solutions
- Full time position starting after graduation in Jan or Jun 2019
- Lasts 2 years, comprised of four, six month rotations
- Career Tracks:
- Project Management/Business Analysis
- Application Development
- Recent Bachelors/Masters degree
- 3.5 GPA
- Relevant internship
- leadership/extracurricular involvement
- Apply to:
Important Fall Semester Dates
Classes begin - August 27, 2018
Last day to add a class - September 4, 2018
Last day for withdrawing from a class without a permanent record - September 10, 2018
Withdrawal from a class results in "WF" on record - November 19, 2018
Last day of class - December 7, 2018
Finals - December 10-13, 2018
December Commencement - December 15, 2018
We are the Computing and Information Systems Department at Saint Vincent College, located in Latrobe, PA. We offer three majors: CS (Computer Science), IT (Information Technology), and CYSEC (Cybersecurity). We also offer three minors, allowing specializations in areas above.
Reasons to choose the CIS Dept. at Saint Vincent College:
- Recently renovated, state-of-the-art labs and equipment in the new Sis & Herman Dupre Science Pavilion.
- High success rate with alumni job placement
- Small school feel with the big school curriculum.
- Gain exposure to a broad range of Programming Languages and Technologies