CIS Competitive Scholarship
Saint Vincent College has a Competitive CIS Scholarship Exam for High School Seniors.
- The exam for this academic year will be given on Sat, Jan 28, 2012.
- Contact our admission office for details as well as to register for the exam.
Phone 724-805-2500 or 1-800-782-5549 (You should also
contact them in order to apply for admission to the college and for other financial aid.)
- The college will be giving other scholarship exams on the same day. Each student can
take only one of these scholarship exams, the one for the field of the planned major.
- The winner will receive a $16,000 scholarship ($4,000 per year).
- The award is "stackable" on top of many other scholarship awards
(excluding the Wimmer scholarships).
- The exam must be taken at Saint Vincent on the date specified.
- The exam covers logical thinking and problem solving skills. It does not directly ask computer
programming questions. Instead it asks puzzle-like questions that require similar abilities.
Some IT (information technology) types of questions are included as well.
- It is NOT necessary to have taken a programming, IT, or other computer course in order to do well
on this exam. However, having studied some type of computing probably does help some.
- Calculators are not allowed on this exam, both because they do not help on many
of the problems and so that no one with a better calculator has an advantage.
- A few sample questions are available for you to examine.
- You must be an applicant to Saint Vincent College (or bring your applications with you)
in order to take the exam.
- The winner must major in CIS at Saint Vincent College and maintain an overall QPA of 3.0
in the first year and 3.25 in the following years.